Floundering Around Meadow- Kimberly

 Happy Day, friends! Today I'm sharing a card I love and something NEW for me. The Floundering Around Meadow stamp set is GORGEOUS. If you love mermaids, this is a FANTASTIC image. I find so much joy coloring her hair. So what is NEW for me you might ask? This is the first card where I've colored the entirety of the card with Copics. Usually I stamp backgrounds to create a scene. Not this card! I pushed back my own insecurities and went all in! I love how this came out. 

I started this card with coloring the mermaid. 
Here are the colors I used: 
Copic Coloring: 
Hair: E57, YR23, YR21 - Perfect for a dirty blonde
Skin: E13, E11, E00, E000
Mermaid Tail and Shell Top: BG15, BG23, BG11, BG000
Cheeks: R20, R30, R22


To create the background, I used the following Copics: 

Ocean: B99, B95, B91, B00
Sand: E55, E31
Sky and Clouds: B00, N2, N0
Sea Grass: YG99, YG95, YG91


After fussy cutting the mermaid, I simply placed her onto the beach sand using foam tape. I wanted her to be the main attraction on this card. For added interest, I added some Icicle Stickles to her tail and shell top.  I added Rock Candy Glitter along the edge of the ocean and sand.

Lastly, I added white gel pen to give the ocean waves a bit of foam and the mermaids hair for some interest. I also added some dots randomly over the sand using some darker E Copic Markers. 

The last thing is to add your sentiment, which I love adding with a bit of twine. 
I hope you enjoyed today's card as much as I had fun creating it. I love being able to stretch my coloring by trying new things. I'm not going to lie... it was intimidating to start, but once I started I couldn't stop. LOL. Even with a few mistakes, it turned out perfect. I hope you give it a try as well and thank you for joining me today!

Cultivate Creativity, 
Kimberly






Comments